Ship Passengers arriving in San Francisco: 1800s
Arrive San Francisco
April 7, 1859
Captain James H. Blethen
ARRIVAL OF THE ORIZABA.
The Orizaba arrived today from Panama in 15 days with advices from New York to March 10th. To C. K. Garrison.
List not located
Coming to America: A History of Immigration and Ethnicity in American Life
This revised edition is an engrossing study of various waves of immigrants to the United States from the colonial era to the present. This is a useful book for anyone who has an interest in learning brief histories of most groups of immigrants to the United States. It also provides a theoretical understanding of the reasons for immigration. Though it is particularly useful in its examination of the pre-colonial and colonial periods.
Migration in World History (Themes in World History)
Drawing on examples from a wide range of geographical regions and thematic areas, noted world historian Patrick Manning guides the reader through:
- Trade patterns, including the early Silk Road and maritime trade
- Effect of migration on empire and industry between 1700 and 1900
- The earliest human migrations
- Major language groups (illustrated with original maps)
- Examination of civilizations, farmers and pastoralists from 3000 BCE to 500 CE
- Various leading theories and debates surrounding the subject of migration.